Contact lenses correct your vision and are easy to wear. Choosing the contact lenses that are right for you depends on your vision and comfort. There are many types of contacts to suit almost anyone. Types of contact lenses include:
Soft Contact Lenses:
The most frequently prescribed due to the degree of comfort that they provide. Soft contacts are now available for patients with astigmatism and dry eyes and can even change the color of your eyes. Soft contact lenses include:
- Daily Wear - can be worn up to 12 hours but must be removed and cleaned at night
- Extended Wear - can be worn on a more flexible schedule than daily wear
- Disposable - meant to be worn for a short time and then discarded
- Color Changing - can change the color of your eyes even if vision correction is not needed
Hard Contact Lenses:
Also called rigid or gas-permeable lenses, hard contact lenses offer sharper vision and can correct nearsightedness or astigmatism. However, hard contact lenses take longer to adjust to than soft contact lenses.
At Clairemont Optometry, we offer all types and brands of contact lenses, specifically fitted for each individual's needs. It is very important that your lenses are fitted correctly based on your prescription, eye shape and specific needs.
Some of the Contact Lenses offered:
- Bausch & Lomb
- High Definition Contact Lenses
Which include the latest toric & multifocal designs for vision. These are the next generation of materials for comfort and safety. They are also available in a variety of colors.